Thread: Unable to format raid 6 disk on windows xp 64 bit

Unable to format raid 6 disk on windows xp 64 bit

I am utilizing this Win XP x64 subsequent to a completed Build/Verify I had acquire a formatting error after converting to a GPT disk. I have encompassed and utilized Win 7 repair disk and formatted the drive, additional than when I acquire in excess off 2 TB of movies transferred Windows starts corrupting preceding copied directories. The additional data in excess off 2TB I transfer the additional directories it corrupts. I have encompassed in addition utilized Parted Magic to format the array. I am unable to format raid 6 disk on windows xp 64 bit, need some help here.

Re: Unable to format raid 6 disk on windows xp 64 bit

What had occurred when you run chkdsk. Is it a deobstruct win XP 64. No SP2 installed what does ntfs information in sequence reports on the drive. And indeed it be supposed to not matter for the os as this raid controller is a complete hardware based raid controller.

Previous to writing several data chkdsk and chkntfs are ok when I format utilizing a dissimilar OS then start utilizing XP x64 the entire in excess off again. The SP2 Raid 5 determine to not format moreover. I have encompassed and taken the 4 drives and zeroed them, then position them back on the controller so I be able to do a fresh initialize.

I was utilizing these on a RocketRaid 2310 and do not be familiar with if to facilitate it determine to assist. I do have encompassed a Chenbro CK 23601 SAS Expander on order, other than it has not left the factory in Taiwan yet. It might be a compatibility glitch commencing from side to side the drives. I have encompassed and utilized WD drives in raid 5 previous to had to jumper down to 1.5gbs and Win XP x64 format and worked just presently extremely well.

If you utilize this drive previous to commencing from side to side an additional raid controller, it is likely to facilitate the other raid controller let a number of kind of "lock" as they were fraction of an array. If that is the case, you necessitate to delete the array through old controller so it determine to eliminate the "lock". I had this problem through samsung F1 1TB drives.

I have encompassed an Asus P6T through a working Windows XP 64bit install. I had not became aware of the BIOS alternative to facilitate RAID/AHCI mode so I had SATA in IDE mode when I installed it in addition I do not have a diskette drive so providing the drivers to it might have been a pain.

At present if I switch to RAID/AHCI it might not boot apparently. If I attempt to install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers then you have to downloaded moreover commencing from Intel site or Asus site it says. This system does not meet the sufficientness requirements for installing the software. The software determine to exit.

I had endeavoring to switch the drivers physically by replacing the Intel ICH10 Family 2/4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1/2 commencing from side to side the Intel ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller driver I had downloaded additional than then it might not boot neither in RAID/AHCI nor IDE modes, so I had to utilize System Restore in Safe Mode to recover.

By definition, to setup a RAID array, you be "obliged" to have comprised two or additional preferably comparable drives in the system. At the BIOS level, these multiple drives are Associated in various methods into a single drive which is what the operating system observes. You not be able to convert an existing disk to a member of a RAID array without losing the entire data on the disk.

Nor be able to you take a single member disk commencing from a RAID array and convert it to a non-RAID disk Precluding data loss. You come into view to be attempting to break mutually of the on top of rules. There is no be obliged to thing as a single-disk RAID array. You not be able to alter an existing disk commencing from "independent" to a member of a RAID array or vice versa precluding being prepared to wipe the entire data and reformat the drive.