Thread: SCSIPORT.SYS BSOD on Windows 7 x64

SCSIPORT.SYS BSOD on Windows 7 x64

Well as the title suggesting itself what I am going to discuss over here. I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. I have noticed that BSOD which I am getting is associated with scsiport.sys. Let me know whether if you are having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a ;lot in advance.

Re: SCSIPORT.SYS BSOD on Windows 7 x64

In order to suggest the solution I want to confirm certain details which would be helpful to find out the root cause of the problem. Let me know about the system configuration of the computer which you are having? Do you have done any recent changes on the computer? Can you post the log file of the BSOD which you are getting on the computer? Let me know the answers of the above mentioned question as early possible.

Well I know the root cause of the problem and I wanted to share with you so that you can figure out the thing.
    • DMA bus mastering configuration for the SCSI miniport driver is set to BusMaster=FALSE
    • SCSI miniport drivers turns on the support for the Windows Management Instrumentation that is WmiDataProvider = TRUE

I am hoping that you have figured out the root cause of the problem.

I am not sure but there could be an issue with controller itself. The controller recognize the drive as ATA not as SCSI. Windows 7 which you have installed on the computer is assuming that the drive which you are having on the computer is SCSI. I am having SCSI Properties into the Properties windows when I click on the hard disk on the Device Manager. Why this is happening because windows is giving drivers to all the hardware components before manufacturer drivers and software can be installed.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suspecting that there is an issue with system files of the computer of yours. Well I am suggesting that you should run SFC/SCANNOW command on the computer of yours. you need to launch the command prompt with the administrative privileges. This particular command is used to replace all the corrupted and missing files on the system of yours. so try the same and let me know about the result.

Well I am highly suspecting the problem which you are facing is happening due to out of date drivers. In order to get the latest version of the drivers you need to visit the official website of the motherboard. You should download the drivers on the computer and installed the same. after installing the drivers you should restart the computer of yours. so you should install the drivers and let me the know whether thing is working or not.

The problem which you are facing is happening due to BIOS issue. So I recommend that you should install latest version of BIOS. Well you can get the latest version of BIOS from the official website of the motherboard manufacturer. You should download and installed the same. you should be very careful while installing the BIOS because it might kill the motherboard of yours.

OK, just figured out the same problem, hopefully that'll help somebody else so they don't have to re-install or do something else extreme.. So here's what you have to do:

1. Get to the Advanced Boot Options menu by hitting F8 immediately after the BIOS screen and prior to Win boot - it's the screen where you can select 'Safe Mode', 'Last Good Configuration', etc..
    2. Towards the bottom of the screen there is an option that says 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' or something like that - choose that and [ENTER].
    3. Watch your PC magically boot into Win7!
    4. Once you log in, open Command Prompt with administrative privileges and do a [sfc /scannow] - which will hopefully fix the broken driver.

Hope this works for you - it did for me! Good luck!