Thread: Windows 7 x64: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Windows 7 x64: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

I am getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD randomly on my Windows 7 x64 computer. BSOD says it is related to Memory Management but i am not able to make out if it is a software issue or hardware. Has anyone here faced this error or has any idea about it?? I need to sort it out quickly as this bsod is appearing more frequently. Just let me know if there is any workaround that i can try out to fix it.

Re: Windows 7 x64: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD

Yes Memory Management / Memory Corruption BSODs are directly related to memory. I will suggest you to run memetest and find out if there is anything wrong with the ram. You can download and installed Memtest86+, write it to a CD, boot from it and run memory test. I also wanted to know if you are carrying out any kind of overclocking? I have come across some people who have faced MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD while having their system overclocked.

I am not doing any kind of overclocking in my system and i don't even know much about it. I thought that bsod was occurring because of virus in my system but i have ran avg scan and it did not came up with any infection. After your suggestion i have ran Memtest and my ram was able to pass the test without any issue. Is there any other solution that i can try here after??? Will reinstalling windows help???

I don't know, rather than reinstalling windows install all recommended updates and keep your system drivers updated as well. You should also try updating your bios, just make sure that you are installing latest bios from your board manufacturer site. If these things don't make any difference than run sfc/scannow command for restoring and repairing missing or corrupted system files. Just try out thing Ive suggested first and post back the response you get.

I will suggest you to use either avast or malwarebytes antivirus for scanning whole system. These antiviruses are best ones and are recommended ones as well, in case avg is missing anything one of them will sort it out. Running sfc/scannow command seems to be a good idea as well, just make sure that you are running sfc/scannow command with administrative privileges. It might take several minutes to complete the process. Once scanning process get's completed don't forget to restart your system.

As far as i am aware blue screen error occurs mostly because of registry problems, in order to fix it you can download and install blue screen error repair tool or registry cleaner. There are number of them available out there you can use one of your choice, best of luck.

If you have started facing this issue suddenly and if you haven't made any hardware changes in your system than i will suggest you to try out system restore. You can simply do system restore to a point when things were working fine. If this bsod might be related to any updates or program that you might have installed later than system restore should help you out.