Thread: Open Office and Windows 7 64-bit Compatibility

Open Office and Windows 7 64-bit Compatibility

I want to know that can I use Open Office in Windows 7 64-bit. Will it work in Windows 7 o r not. I am not sure about that. I had used the same in Windows XP and Windows Vista. I am quiet fed up with Microsoft Office and not willing to buy any new edition here. I need a bit of guideline to install the same. And remember that my system is a 64bit OS.

On the official website I saw there are different download provided on the basis of edition. Like there is a different for 32bit and another for 64bit. But that is listed for Linux. I am not sure about Windows. I will recommend you to install the same and then test it out. It is going to work quiet well. I am using Office 2010. It is far more better and very light. It is in beta edition. You can download and use as it is absolutely free. So try that one, if open office did not worked.

I do not think there will be issue. I had installed this on my Windows 7 32-bit and it looks to be working quiet fine. Somehow if you feel that there would be some problem you can test the portable edition. It will tell you that it might work or not. The portable edition does not really need setup. It gives you minimum feature and quiet fair to use also. You do not need to worry. It is not going to put any major issue on your system.

OpenOffice is a quiet nice alternative for Microsoft Office. But it has limited feature and to some extent I found this a bit buggy. It is not complicated to use, but I did not liked it much. I had just installed Microsoft Office 2010. I am quiet use to Office environment and due to which I am not able to settle my self in this new interface.