Thread: Installing HP LaserJet 1015 on Windows 7 64bit

Installing HP LaserJet 1015 on Windows 7 64bit

We share a common printer on the network. It is HP LaserJet 1015. This device is accessible to all on the network. Basically the network is based on Windows 2000 OS. There are around 4 workstations which are working on Windows Vista and Windows XP. This both are 32bit operating system. We just added a new Windows 7 system. This one is the first 64bit workstation on the network. Now while installing the printer on those 32bit edition, the drivers are located on its own. They are found automatically and were installed. Now I am stuck only on the 64bit OS. The printer is not working on the same. How can I locate a suitable driver that will make the printer accessible to this system.

Just go on the official website and download the drivers. It is not worth to waste time here. The official website provides you all driver updates on the same. Second thing there is one way you can try. You would have received a driver disc with the same. You can try to run the setup on compatibility mode. Just insert the disc and right click on the driver files. Choose Windows 7 32bit compatibility mode. There are many other options listed. This options has worked for me a number of time.

You will find nothing on the official site. I also had the same issue. My printer is same, but it is not on a network. It is connected directly to the system which has Windows 7 64bit installed. To install that you need to follow a manual process. For this go to Devices and Printers in Control Panel. You can simply type that in the search box of Start Menu. When a window appear click on Add Printer on the top. Choose the Manufacturer and Printer and then click on Windows Update. You will be able to locate the drivers automatically. Choose the right one and click on Next. Once done you will be able to access the printer. The driver for this device is only available through Windows Update.

A 32bit driver will work under compatibility mode. Just ensure that your system is able to access the network. Even if the printer is not installed it will be able to see the same on the network. I have some older device which I was able to install through compatibility mode and it worked.

re: Installing HP LaserJet 1015 on Windows 7 64bit

Sorry I come so late but I find a solution to your issues.

When you setup your printer on the PC where et is input by USB or LTP you need to select HP LASERJET 1100 (MS) Drivers. I test it and it's work.

Then when you share your printer for Windows Vista or Seven in 32 bits or 64 bits Windows Update find drivers and install it !

And it's OK !