Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error 1628: Failed to complete installation.

Re: Error 1628: Failed to complete installation.

I hope you guys are talking about legit copy. My friend shared with me a cracked disc of COD which gave me the exact error. I thought as it is not a legit copy, so I bought one. Now that is a bit weird. The game is installed but the issue arises now in patches. I have Windows 7 x64 system. I had downloaded different patches. Now when I try to extract them I am getting 1628 error. I had seen this error before also which goes away on its own. I did nothing. I am sure re-downloading 500MB back is not going to help in anyway.

Turning of Antivirus is not at all helpful. It is right to assume that some security applications might be blocking the setup. So there one more thing I did and it worked. I created a different user account in Windows. I provided admin rights to it. When I run the setup it worked. So just by switching the game is installed properly and even working. Try to install the game in a different account. That would help you a lot in many ways.

I went to control panel and inside administrative tool. There is no local security settings listed. I had checked a number of times. I have a desktop also, in that also I cannot find local security settings. It would be much better if someone can make a video of that and provide a link. By which we can find what exact changes are needed to do. I am sure there are many ways of doing it. I am dying to play COD and just got the CD. I never thought it would crash at the installation.

Quote Originally Posted by xXtobsterXx View Post
    hi guys i went to administrative tools and theres no local security settings
    Which operating system have you installed in your pc? Normally, the Local Security Policy as well as the ability to create new groups is only available in XP Professional. Whatever "manual" you're looking at seems to have overlooked that fact. FYI, in Windows XP Professional, you would go to Computer Management -> Local User and Groups or enter lusrmgr.msc in the Run box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12