Thread: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Now a days am too frustrated with my Vista based system. Every time I restart the PC, It is sure to get 2 errors. First is when I start the PC, I get greeted with the following:

Program C:\Windows\System32\Rundll32.exe
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information
    And second when I right click anywhere on the desktop:

Program: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information
    I have tried various troubleshooting so far like scanning the system for malware, virus, spyware, safe mode and many moreā€¦ but nothing had helped so far. Can here anyone tell me what is the problem and how it can be fixed ?

Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Well these errors seem to be related to any startup programs those were available earlier but now they are missing. And same thing with the desktop right click. There would be some program added to the context menu but now it is missing. Hence you are getting the second error as well. So what what I will suggest you to fix this is go to Startup Manager and manage the applications.

As far as Desktop Context menu is concerned, download a free ShellExView program and manage the same. Hopefully your error should be gone after doing all these things.

I'm sorry to continue in such a old thread but am facing the same problem, tried to go through the instructions mentioned above but as am just a newbie in computers i dont know what exactly to do. i mean how to manage the startup. Can anyone please mentioned some steps in details for the same?

Thanks in advance.