Thread: Has anyone ever heard of pcouffin device?

Has anyone ever heard of pcouffin device?

I have Windows Vista installed on my pc and just few hours back I generate the system health report which told me that there was some issue with the pcouffin device which also said that it was disabled. Then I also got a prompt to go into device manager and update the drivers for this device or either uninstall it if I am not using it anymore. But when I checked in Device Manager, there was no device found for same? After doing some research, many users were saying that pcouffin has got something to do with some DVD burning software? So, I removed all the DVD burning software from my machine but am still having the same issue? Does anyone know what kind of a device is this and how to remove it? Thanks for any replies.

Yes, it seems that it is a DVD application. It is a VSO software and you can simply uninstall it by going in Control Panel and then the Add/Remove programs. Or you can download a tool called CleanVSO.exe to completely uninstall one or more VSO Software program. Just search for the file on the net and download and install it and then remove all the VSO Software.

It seems that pcouffin is a driver which is from the VSO program company.
    So if you installed an VSO application then you should find pcouffin.sys in C:\Windows\System32\drivers.

Unfortunately, it can also be a malware. Then it should be in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System, or may be in C:\Windows\System32, that you need to remove with some antivirus software.