Thread: Error message on start up

Error message on start up

Running windows Vista Home Premium since its release on Dell laptop. It was working fine so far but don’t know what went wrong now everytime I start the computer I use to get the following error for sure;

‘'Failed on loading skin name "minibcont" The file "shell.css" is required in you "sscommon/skins/minibcont/css/" directory'’

I don’t have any idea about this ? Can anyone help me out please?

This is because of any Shell program installed on your computer. Can I know which Shell program have you installed ?

Re: Error message on start up

This seems to be very critical problem. Whati can suggest you is first try out Clean Boot. This will help us know whether there is any startup program that is failing to boot on start up and creating the problem. You can do this with the help of steps mentioned here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Alternatively, you can contact Dell support for the same. No matter if it is not under warranty but they would be having good knowledge if it is somewhere related to their products.

Thanks a lot for the help buddy. I contacted them. Don’t know what they did the problem is now sorted. I think they applied some kind of patch but am not sure about. Anyway, i'm happy i got rid of the error.

Hey Hridey, me to getting the same problem with my system. Can you please tell me what was that patch?

Where can I get the same? Please help.

I just bought a new Dell laptop (4 days ago) and facing the same problem. I get this error on boot up:

file "shell.css" is needed in your "sscommon/skins/minibcont/css"

Called up Dell guy, they were not able to fix it. Called a local technician and paid £59, yet getting the same error. Hope someone can help me.