Thread: Disk Cleanup - How to delete Hibernation File Cleaner 893MB

Disk Cleanup - How to delete Hibernation File Cleaner 893MB

I just bought a new PC (3 days ago)with Windows Vista Home Basic . Computer is working fine, there is not any problem. Yesterday I ran Disk Cleanup just to check my hard drive files and folders. I found that Hibernation File Cleaner is about 893MB that is really a huge space. I thought to delete this file because I never use Hibernation; I only use Sleep Mode in case I require it. So I checked the box in Disk Cleanup to delete the hibernation file but it gets failed to delete every time.

I tried many times deleting the same but the same result every time. Can anyone of you please let me know how can I delete this file ?

Re: Disk Cleanup - How to delete Hibernation File Cleaner 893MB

If you are trying to do this on laptop than I doubt if you can do it successfully because laptop needs those files. I have done this once on my desktop pc, hence letting you know.

You need to go to the Power Options. There you will find three options as follows, sleep, hybrid sleep, and hibernation. Excepting a laptop, disable the hybrid sleep. An dnow open Disk Cleanup, check Hibernation File Cleaner and delete. It will not fail this time.

Thanks for your reply troy. Am not using a laptop, it is a desktop pc itself. But still after following the process you said, don’t know why those files are no more listed in the disk cleanup tool. Anyways, am trying to figure it out and will reply back if any more problem exists.