Thread: I can't change my desktop background

I can't change my desktop background

Having a very short query, hope anyone here can help me out. I am running windows vista on a desktop pc. It was working fine but don’t know what went wrong suddenly my background changed to black screen. Rest all things are working fine still. Now when I go to properties to change the background image, system just wont allow me to do that. Any idea what’s wrong and how can I fix it ?

Re: I can't change my desktop background

Are you getting any kind of error message as well while doing the same? If yes please mention the same here?

Also did you tried setting any image as a background? I mean, open any wallpaper from web or your local drive, right click and select Set as Desktop background. Does it works ?

Thanks for the reply buddy. There is no error messages, it just wont allow me to select any image. I can click the background but I cannot apply it.

Also right clicking any wallpaper doesn’t works to set as background. Any other suggestion?

You should download any good anti-malware and scan your system. I have been through this problem earlier and in my case it was a malware creating the issue. After scanning the system I found Malware alarm 2.1. Just cleaned the system completely and now everything works fine including changing wallpapers.

Hi,
    I had the same problem after a malware attack but the wallpaper registry didn't work for me. When i go in to change my background i click on one and nothing happens, i think there is possibly something lingering in the depths of my computer that is preventing me from fixing it