Thread: Screen Flickering

Screen Flickering

As the title says, am facing this problem since I installed Windows Vista on my system 4 months ago. The screen keeps flickering all the time. Earlier it use to stop flickering while in sleep mode, but no it do it always until I shut down the system.

Tried searching lots of web pages but dint got any help so far in 4 months. Now it is getting worst. So can any one here help me out ?

First of all I don’t think the problem is related with Vista. Probably it is the monitor itself. Did you tried adjusting the monitors screen refresh rate ? Try it. I’ll also suggest you to try hooking up some another monitor with your system and your monitor with another system. See if it work properly or not. You will come to know that is it monitor or vista.

Re: Screen Flickering

I have seen many people reporting this issue after getting to Vista. Anyways, I got here just to provide you a working solution or this. There is service named Transient Multimon Manager (TMM) launched by Microsoft that helps to easily run multidisplay. I guess this could be useful but here are the steps you need to follow in order to fix your problem:

• Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?)
    • Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.
    • On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should already be there, but just in case).
    • Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows," then clicks "MobilePC."
    • Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the right-hand side, click "Disable."

That’s it, you are done.