Thread: Random System Freezes-Vista on Dell Dimension E250

Random System Freezes-Vista on Dell Dimension E250

I am having Dell Dimension E250 desktop. It was having Windows XP. I had upgraded that to Vista. After upgrade it started freezing. It worked well for few minutes only. I am not able to get any option that can help me to fix the problem. Does anyone knows what can be done here. How can I make Vista stable on my desktop. I am sure there would be some way to fix the issue. I checked the system hardware, it is capable of running Vista.

It is due to driver. Vista is compatible but some internal hardware are not capable of running this. You can try to use some old drivers, but there is very less chance that it works. My uncle also has Dell Dimension 9150. I added the ram to use Vista. I thought that would be better. I am looking for proper drivers. I think that is the only way by which it will work properly. Luckily I had installed Vista on another partition. That means I have a dual boot system.

Avoid using Vista on it. It does not work. You must verify the system properly and the best thing you can do is talk to Dell support before upgrade. Now you cannot do anything. Some simple things that you can try is removing those hardware which are not needed. Like disconnect the printer, pcie cards, usb hubs, etc. There can be some internal hardware which might not work well. Microsoft has not added a customization option in Vista. This is the best way to avoid unwanted stuff in your system.

The issue lies with the graphic drive. That is the reason Vista is freezing. I had checked on Dell site, there is no Vista graphic driver available for this system. Even I am testing Vista on the same thing. When I start my system, it works well, but it get freeze after 10 minutes. In safe mode things went fine. I verified all the errors in Event Viewer and landed on the issue with graphic drivers. You can use a software called as HijackThis. It is a nice tool to collect information on the system.

I am having a Dell Inspiron laptpo. It has Core 2 Duo processor and 2GB RAM. I was using XP before. I installed Vista. Both are 32bit OS. So I thought there will not be any issue. I had installed Vista using Upgrade Advisor. After setup it took really long time to finish the final setup. I installed some regular software and drivers. The system started freezing on next boot. It did not allow me to do anything. I tried some registry fix tool through bootable drive. But that does not helped much.

Avoid using Vista if you guys are facing so much problem. There is nothing you can do. I thought Microsoft will be helpful on that. But none of their troubleshooting options work. It is not complicated to figure out what issue your system is facing, but what matters is to get right solution for it. Or else you keep on wasting time on this.