Thread: " Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. "

" Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. "

This is what I started getting on my 7 months old Windows Vista computer. The error prompts on my screen every now and then with an OK button. No matter I keep pressing OK, it keeps on coming up. Somebody said that can be fixed by restoring system, I tried out the same butit was asking me for some kind of disk. i dont know what is that disk.

Is there anyone who can help me out of the following error:

“Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details.”

Thank you ?

Re: " Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. "

Well the system was asking for Windows Vista Recovery Disc because your system needs to be repaired. Its not gonna fix by System Restore. If you want, you can download one from here. Remember this is just an ISO file and you will need to burn it on DVD. So download any third party software like ImgBurn or Nero and do the same. Once burned, insert it in DVD driver and select Repair when you get the options.

Re: " Interactive logon process initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details. "

Thanks a lot for the help and suggestions Tanvir but that doesn’t seems to be working for me. According to your instructions and I downloaded, burned to disk, ran, choose System restore. But after few seconds I got a pop up saying

“No restore points have been created on your computer's system disk. To create a restore point open system protection.”

What now ?

It seems like you don’t have a single restore point and in such cases, none of the above steps will work. Now the only way left is to repair your system. If you have window Vista installation disk, try repairing the system. For more help on restoring Windows Vista, you can check out these articles:
    How to Repair Windows Vista Using Startup Repair??
    How to repair Windows Vista?