Thread: Looking for a good Registry Cleaner for 64 bit Vista

Looking for a good Registry Cleaner for 64 bit Vista

I am struggling to find a good Registry Cleaner software for 64bit Windows. I found a number of tools for 32bit, but there is nothing available for 64bit edition. I cannot use the older edition because it can make my system unstable. My system is working fine, but there is a minor issue with performance. I had installed some number of new software's recently which made my system slower. Even after removing them the performance is still not affected. I think by cleaning the system registry, boot time will be better.

re: Looking for a good Registry Cleaner for 64 bit Vista

Did you tried CCleaner. I do not think there is any kind of specific Registry Cleaner designed for 64bit only. Just download CCleaner and run the setup. It has some set of tuneup utilities which works better. It offers you to wipe out unwanted files from registry.

It is recommended that you must never run any software which make changes to Windows Registry. They are too risky can cause major failure to your system. They are harmful software. Instead of wiping the registry you can boost your system performance by adding more RAM. That is the reason I keep a recovery partition in my system. I can simply restore that with few clicks and it work very well.

I do not agree with that. I am using the one which makes my system better. There are many software available. Registry cleaner help you to clean your system by wiping out unwanted files and entries. What more you can do is keep a backup with you. So if there is any error you can restore it back. For that type regedit on Start > Run and hit ok. Click on File > Export. Save the file somewhere. Then run cleaner. You can Import the same file back again if you think your system is not working properly.

There are very less software that comes for 64bit system. Especially tune up utilities. You can run 32bit on them. There is no much difference. Tune-up software that simply clean your startup. Registry are key component of Windows. Any changes made in that can screw your system completely and there is no option left other than formatting and re-installing all stuff back. That is the reason it is not recommended to use a registry cleaner. They are always harmful. For increasing system's performance check that which application or software is making your system slow. You might need to add more hardware for the same.

If you are not having knowledge of Windows Registry then it is better recommended that you leave it alone. Do not touch or make any changes. It is correctly mentioned above, that if you make changes and something wrong happen there is no option available other than formatting your system. There are tons of tune up software but none of them are useful and for a end user it is very complicated to keep eye on each and every application.

There are too software's that I trust most. I am using them for years and till yet not faced any kind of issue. The first one is Uniblue Registry Booster. You can start with free edition of many features to improve your system output. It has a very simple interface and it is easy to use also. The second one is Systweak Advanced System Optimizer. This for advance users who want to more than cleaning. It comes with many advance features to keep your system updated.

It is better if you stay away from cleaners. None of them guarantee you system boost. Whenever I found that my system is working slower and not giving optimum output then I re-install Windows through recovery process. It helps me to gain a bit more in the output. It is quiet better and easy to manage also.

I had installed Advance System Optimizer by mistake. It is quiet complicated and very irritating. It keeps on giving me popup on my screen about some discount and offers. It is very annoying. I thought using a registry cleaner will be helpful. I am too having a 64bit system and Advance System Optimizer is installed in the same.

I do not think there is some proper tool available for Windows Vista 64bit. For 32bit we have some nice quality tools that can be helpful and better. My son has installed a small utility called as WindoFix. It is nice and works fine. I clean my system registry once in a month and sometime twice. Till yet I am lucky enough that my system is working. Because there are always chances of getting crashed.

Maximum registry cleaners are fake products. I had seen. They keep giving you tons of offers and providing you guarantee that the tool will protect or optimize your system. But that is just a waste of money. Till yet there is no appropriate system cleaner made for even 32bit system. Registry does not boost your system performance. It is the core element. It allows you to keep your system much stable. If anything wrong happens to it, your system will crash with bluescreen or restart.

The registry of 64 bit system is quite different from the 32bit system. Usually you cannot use a 32 bit registry cleaner on a 64 bit system. Many registry tools profess that they are compatible with the registry of Windows 64-bit systems, but actually they are not. The registry of 64-bit system is quite different from 32-bit systems. Those registry tools misguide users to use a 32-bit registry tool on a 64-bit system. That was so wrong! I recommend to use this RegistryCleaner on your 64 bit system. I have tested it and it can truely help with your 64 bit systems.