Thread: Remove unwanted programs on HP Computer

Remove unwanted programs on HP Computer

I am having a Hp branded desktop as well as a Toshiba laptop. Both of these are running with Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS. I was reading an Article on the web where I came to know that these OEM products comes preloaded with bunch of OEM softwares that slow down the system performance.

Now the thing I want to know is where can I get the list of these OEM softwares and all ? I just want to remove them from the systems if they are not required for me. Please help. Thank you.

Re: Remove unwanted programs on HP Computer

Did you have the Windows Vista Installation CD with your systems? If yes, than you can easily get rid of those unwanted OEM softwares. It is very difficult to get those list on running system but if you have the Cd, you will need to do a clean re-install of Widnows Vista. This will just install the operating and system and will remove all those OEM softwares.

Regarding activation, you can use the product keys mentioned on your computer/laptops back side. If you face any problem with the activation just call Microsoft and they fix it in a minute.

Re: Remove unwanted programs on HP Computer

Yeah, that’s the only way of getting Rid of those OEM lists. But don’t get confused with the installation CD and Recovery CD. Usually we get recovery Cd with OEM products. So just checked your package properly or confirm with your vendor whether you got the installation disk with your computer.

I don’t think those are so much necessary to be removed. I’m also using Dell with Vista since a year now but never faced any such problem with the OEM softwares.

BTW, you can get few of them listed in your Add and Remove programs console. And you can also remove them from there itself. Other than this you can also check for them in Control Panel > Programs and Features.

But I would like to say that these softwares wont use your resources unless and until it is in your startup list or you are using them. If you want you can just disable them from the startup and they are just liked deleted. There is nothing to re-install the entire system again.