Thread: System restore won't work

System restore won't work

I am using Windows Vista 32 since past 3 months. So far I haven’t used its system restore feature. Now as there is some problem yesterday I was trying to restore the system, I was just unable to do so. I just tried doing the same in safe mode and it was working fine but as am unsure if system restores can work in safe mode, I want to do it in normal windows mode. But here every time I run the restore, I use to get an error saying “system restore was unsuccessful”

Can somebody please help me out with this ? Thanks in advance.

Re: System restore won't work

Even I have the same problem since last one month. Tried very much to get some info on the same but none of them helped me yet, hence I left it as it is. BTW, as far as I got from web, I came to know that somehow the Systems Restore Services has been deleted from my system and hence it is creating the problem. I guess the same is with you as well. This is just one more Windows Vista bug that we cannot do anything. Now personally I have just two options, either I re-install Vista or revert back to Windows XP.

Re: System restore won't work

As you said you are able to do it in Safe Mode, than why don’t you just do it in Safe mode. System restores done in Safe Mode are also effective and work in similar way as you do in normal windows mode. So go ahead and do it.

This is how we can use Vista unless Microsoft wont launch any stable Service pack for the same.