Thread: "Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

"Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

I have HP DV9500 Notebook. I came with 32bit Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I am not able to login in Vista. I am getting a error Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog. The system is locked I think. I disabled all the security application. But nothing worked. I am using a registry cleaner software called as Reg Cure. But it also does not look much effective. I am getting this error a number of time on my system. I have to restart the system to make it stable. I ran chkdsk to find any issue with the drives. I found many errors listed in that. Chkdsk mostly verify the hard drive. I can access my system through safe mode, and there is no similar error. I want to know that does this error is due to security applications. I had installed a anti-spyware and internet security suite in my system.

You can try system recovery. That will help you to get your system. If you are having data then remember using system recovery will wipe out everything from your system. You can use live cd to get data backup. There is no exact cause about the error. But looks some kind of internal file failure. I do not think it will be possible for you to replace the file. If you are able to access the system in safe mode then try to run system restore. I hope old settings might fix the problem.

Run sfc /scannow. It will verify each and every system file. There are many options that you can try. The first as mentioned above System Restore. It is much easier and better. It works quickly and if there is no major problem in your system you can get your old system settings back. Chkdsk just scans your system for error. I do not think it fixes it. If there are errors then it looks there will be bad sectors in your system too. You must soon arrange for a new driver and move your data on new device. If this drive failed then you might lost you precious data.

I am having a Dell Studio 1532 laptop. It came with Windows Vista Home Edition. I am also getting the same kind of issue in my system. And all the account are giving same problem. The system freezes a lot and does not allow me to do anything. I have to restart or else it stuck on that place. The error is exactly the same. It is about security option dialog error. I performed a driver test and found some issues in it. There are around 80 errors listed which are related to the hard drive. I contacted Dell about that, and till yet they had not replied. Does the error is related to some internal hardware failure.

The error looks somewhat related to hard drive failure. There can be series of bad sector. Did you tried system recovery or fresh installation. This are the only two things that can help you to keep your system proper. I had seen number of different threads which are based on the same error. It clearly states that this error appeared due to bad sectors. And as all we know that bad sectors cannot be fixed. It is recommended that you must backup your data and send your drive to service center for replacement, if it is under warranty. Or else get anew one.

Re: "Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

I am getting the same error on Dell Stuiod 1735. I had dropped a email to dell, to provide me some help on the same. But they does not look to be much interested. There are not virus in my system. I had scanned the same multiple time. My system is kept on auto-scan. So it keeps on checking each and every file in it. But when I performed a hard drive test I found number of different errors in the same.

It looks like issue of bad sectors as mentioned above. I had not found any solution on that. It is better if you run a full system recovery or perform a fresh setup. That will be more helpful in many ways. Working with different files will not help you much. Disk errors are related to serious hardware problems. I think recovery factory settings might work.

Re: "Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

I am getting the same error message, but it started happening after I let a child use my computer. I had to start it back up after the battery died, and I told him to come and get me when it was ready for me to sign on for him. I am thinking that he pushed some buttons or did some typing in the DOS screen as it was booting up. Does this change what the fix would be? His daddy knows computers, and said he would run some diagnostics on it for me this weekend. I just thought it would be helpful to give him some info on it.

Virus ca be issue behind this. Your system is already screwed up with that error. Now system recovery is a good option. I had seen this error before on my office pc. We are not able to find the exact cause behind that, but formatting did the job. I am not sure about hard drive errors.