Thread: Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center

Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center

I am using Vista on my computer and my internet connection prevents the OS to detect mutiple networks in the Network and Sharing Center. I just need to select the "unidentified network" and delete it but there are no option to do the same? The ISP is also not helping. Is there anyone who has got some solution for this issue?

Michael Walraven Guest

Re: Multiple networks detected in Network and Sharing Center

Network and sharing center Customize Merge or delete network locations Continue through UAC Should list the networks that the machine has seen, you should be able to delete a network if it is not in use and it is not managed. I don't know what 'managed' entails so I am no help there. I have never had more than one network on my desktop with only ethernet connection, not sure how that would occur.

Even I was facing the same issue so, I disabled the TCPIP v6 on the local area network connection and then restarted the computer and it worked for me. Also, if you have installed Itunes then remove its addon bonjour from the add and remove programs and check if this time it is working for you or not?

I was doing something with the internet today trying to port forward and I found out a workaround for this issue. Just go into network and sharing center >> Manage Network >> right click the one that you use to go on the internet and then choose Properties >> double click on Internet Protocol version for tcp/ipv4. Incase you have anything filled in then you should delete all of them and press apply and then ok.