Thread: Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connection

Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connection

I have a Vista running Desktop, a Vista Laptop, and a Xbox 360. All these three devices are connected with a Wireless Home network (Router) and were working fine. The problem actually started yesterday night when we faced power outage. Today morning when I started all systems, I found that my laptop and Xbox 360 are working good as usual and are online, but Vista desktop is saying “limited or no connectivity.”

I tried restarting PC and router both, no success. I tried connecting my internet cable directly to the desktop (removed from router) but still it says no connectivity. I don’t have any idea what has went wrong. Can anyone please help me out with this?

Re: Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connection

I don’t have any personal idea about this as I never came through this situation but as I read few discussions on web, people say that this can be fixed by resetting router/modem/switch. Am not sure but you don’t have an you option to give it a try. So go ahead and reply back with the results.

Re: Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connecti

I appreciate your help Flynnl. I’ll surely give it a try but have confusion. Well I know resetting router but how can we reset the modem and what do you mean by switch? Please provide some details. Thank you.

Re: Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connection

Here is what you need to do. Just turn off the power completely for these devices. Unplug the modem from the power and leave it ideal for about 3 to 5 minutes. Later plug it back again and turn on the power. When the lights are stable and indicate that there is a connection, Turn ON router and then computer. If still you get the same problem call up your ISP.