Thread: Find IP Of Computers On Network

Find IP Of Computers On Network

I have a Xp desktop as well as a Vista Home premium laptop connected to my home Wireless Network. Desktop is connected via wire and laptop is on wireless. Everything is working file and am also able to access the desktop from my laptop. But the thing I wanted to know is (sorry if it sounds silly) is there any method we can get the IP address of the XP desktop without manually having to go there?

I mean usually we do this by going to Network and Sharing Center and then View Status. But I wanted to know if there is any way we can do this without using cmd to find the IP of a remote computer connected via LAN? Thanks for all your helps and suggestions.

Re: Find IP Of Computers On Network

I think a program called TCPView can help you out for this. It is a small software which will show you detailed listings of all TCP and UDP endpoints on your system, including the local and remote addresses and state of TCP connections. It also reports the name of the process that owns the endpoint. TCPView provides a more informative and conveniently presented subset of the Netstat program that ship with Windows. Just Google it for download link.

That’s not at all a silly question Kunal, but interesting. Anyways, was searching web if something can do this job and finally found a program called NetResView which allows you to see the complete list of network resources (computers, disk shares, and printer shares) on your LAN. Just download it from here and http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/netresview.html enjoy. Let me know if you face any problem.

RE: Find IP Of Computers On Network

Thank you very much for all your replies and suggestions guys. Appreciated. I too was searching for such program and came through one called LanHelper . It's pretty handy.

4 years down the line this post is still so helpful. Thanx a million .This post has saved my life :)
    Last edited by Maqbool; 14-12-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Missed quoting