Thread: System error 58 on using shared disc through XP on Vista server

System error 58 on using shared disc through XP on Vista server

I am using a 64bit version of Windows Vista. It is the central server on which different clients are connected. There are some 32bit XP computers also. But after installing SP1 on Vista server I am facing some problem with file transfer. The reliability is affected to great extent. When I try to transfer files from one shared space to other there transfer took really long time. At last there is a error : System Error 58 and the transfer failed. I am getting this error a number of time when I am trying to pull the content from Vista server. The file transfer reliability is affected to great extent. The entire error description is : Not enough server storage is available to process this command". The in event log the error id is 2019 -- unable to allocate system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty.

The only way that I think can fix the issue is by running a windows update. Or else will be complicated for you to get a working solution. There are some registry hacks that can fix the issue. But if you want to stay on the safer side by not modifying the system registry you can download a security update from the download link below. Just download the same and run the setup. And if still if this does not work then you can try updating your lan drivers. I am sure the problem will be resolved by updating them.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB2536276)