Thread: VPN Connection failure on Windows Vista SP1

VPN Connection failure on Windows Vista SP1

I need some help with VPN connection with Vista. I am not able to work on the same. I facing a error on connectivity. I had upgraded to SP1 and the problem started appearing and before that things were working very well. There was no problem at all. I have a Vista laptop which has active VPN connection. After upgrading the system to SP1 the connectivity failed and there is no way to restore the settings back again. Is there any working solution that can help me to deal with the problem. I am sure it is possible to restore the connectivity.

Do you get any kind of error while configuring the connection. You must check that first. You can find the description of error in Event Viewer. Post the complete information here and you will be able to get a proper solution. As you had upgraded Vista all the settings are modified. You have to disable the firewall first. If it is disabled then check your router or modem. Some of this devices comes with internal firewall and cause the failure. Also sometime this is a port issue. If you are not willing to disable your firewall then simply add a dedicated port for vpn under the firewall exception list.

I got the issue after installing ZoneAlarm. First it was working well. A friend help me to make changes to the settings and he had managed to configure a proper vpn connection. But somehow after running windows update things screwed up. ZoneAlarm is blocking the connectivity. At the end when nothing worked. I have to remove it and it was resolved. I was able to access the connection. The bug does lies with Vista upgrade, it is with the connectivity settings that cause the failure. It is recommended that you must check all stuff back and ensure that everything is working fine.