Thread: Vista Cannot Connect to Server 2003 Domain

Vista Cannot Connect to Server 2003 Domain

I am not able to connect Vista laptop to Vista Business 32 bit. There is a Windows 2003 server on the network. When I try to connect the laptop to the srever I am getting a error related to some dns or dc. I am not aware about the same. Why the error appear. I hope there will be some kind of working way that fix the problem. I thought the system will be connected after minimum configuration. I am not aware about any other way to connect the system back to the server. Any idea how can I do the same.

What is the exact error message you are getting at the time of connecting to windows server. If you are not aware about that then you can go in event viewer and find updates on the same. There you can find which service is causing the failure with connectivity. I think the problem lies with dns. You must run ipconfig /all to find out that the system has access appropriate settings or not. If this is empty then your system is not getting proper ip configuration due to which it fails to work. There can be a internal dns problem also with the system.

Run ipconfig /all as mentioned above. There you can find the settings that you are looking for. I think there is another issue with the TCP /IP settings. You must first put that on automatic. If that does not work then you will need to put all the settings manually. You can add a IP address and other related configuration which will allow your system to connect to the server. Sometime this is also due to improper adapter settings. I will recommend you to manage the connectivity and check back.