Thread: Can't start Routing and Remote Access service

Can't start Routing and Remote Access service

Hi, I’m need of some urgent help from you all regarding my Vista Home Premium system. I am trying to configuring outing and Remote Access service but whenever I try starting it, I get an error message stating:

“The Routing and Remote Access service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.”

That’s not all. My event viewer shows:

“event ID 20103 : Unable to load C:\Windows\System32\iprtrmgr.dll.”

Hope somebody here can help me out of this. Thank you.

Re: Can't start Routing and Remote Access service

First of all you need to go to Start, type services.msc, press Enter. In the Services Applet, make sure Remote Access Connection Manager service, Remote Access Auto Connection Manager, and the Telephony service are enabled and running. If the server is running IAS, you may have this issue if the Oledb32.dll and Oledb32r.dll files are incorrectly registered. This can be caused by a third-party program installed on the computer. In this case, you may want to remove RRAS and Reinstall it.

Here a Microsoft link below which can fix the issue you are facing. It has a issue associated with your problem. It offer different ways through which you can configure Routing and Remote access. The link has solution based on Windows 2000 server environment. The cause of this issue is linked with Veritas Backup Exec program. This program cause conflict and you get the problem. A simple way to fix the problem is to ahead with Veritas tape device driver update. This will be enough to fix the issue and it is also quiet easy to find the latest driver.

Routing and Remote Access does not start

This can be a service issue also. Try to find that. All required services for this is working fine or not. I am using a very handy tool for this process. This tool help to me configure different type of services instantly through a single tool and it works really fine. I am using ServiWin. This tool is also great enough to give you good smart way to stop and start all kind of services. You can see all stop services in red in this tool. Try to run system restore if nothing works here. This is a good temporary solution to revert back old settings.