Thread: cannot ping through vpn

cannot ping through vpn

I have few systems running with Windows XP and Vista. Recently I setup a netgear box to box vpn and is working great. I tested this connection through XP at both ends and they are working properly, pinging each other without any problem. Now, though Vista is able to ping all XP computers as well as google.com on local network, but due to some reason it is not able to ping through the vpn to either the remote router or remote computers.

As suggested on various websites, I already have firewalls turned off and none of the systems have any antivirus installed. So don’t have any other idea what could be cause the issue. Any idea or help will be appreciated?

Re: cannot ping through vpn

Seems very strange problem. Can you just let me know the results of pathping? Where does it stops if you use pathping to remote computer?

Thank you very much for the reply Beckinsale. As you suggested I tried pathpinging through vista , it says "0 No resources.” And while doing the same through windows xp, it takes 3 hops to get there. What now?

Ok so that means your Vista is not able to reach the destination. Am sure there will be any security program which is blocking the connection to reach the destination. Try to start the Vista with clean boot.

PathPing & Vista

I found running the command line as the administrator fixed the "0 No Resources problem". Right click on command line and select run as administrator. This should take care of the problem.