Thread: Wifi of HP Pavilion dv6676us laptop stopped working suddenly

Wifi of HP Pavilion dv6676us laptop stopped working suddenly

I am having a HP Pavilion DV6678US laptop. It came with Vista pre-installed. It was working fine. I am using a Linksys router. I had connected the laptop on the wifi network. There was no issue with that. Last night I found notification for some pending Windows Update. Those updates were downloaded and installed. After that in the morning when I turned on the computer there was problem with the connection. I was not able to understand what is the issue. I checked in Network and Sharing center where I found no network connection. I turned the wifi on and off but still it is not working. Does anyone know what happen suddenly to my system.

Go to your lan adapter settings and try to disable IPv5. I am sure it is going to work well and it will allow you to make changes that you want. If you are not able to find a working solution for the same then there is one more thing you can do. You can simply try to run system restore. This is one the best way to fix problem that appeared due to Vista update. You can simply run Windows Update and then check back. The problem will be resolved. Try to restore a to a older date. It happens a number of time that new updates create new problems in your system and you are not able to deal with that.

I got the same issue on my hp laptop. And it was due to updates. I had re-installed the wifi drivers and things went back to normal. There was no issue at all. Some updates case incompatibility problem with the driver of wifi device and due to that you get this issue. You can go in Device Manager and re-install the device. The problem will be resolved. This is one of the best way to deal with the problem. You must try to properly configure the settings and then see whether it is working or not. Just uninstall it, reboot your system and install it. The second thing you can do is remove the update which is only causing the problem.