Thread: Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!

Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!

Earlier I was able to share connection via ICS to my Xbox 360 without any problems. Yesterday I upgraded XP to Windows Vista and since them am no more able to share connection to my console. When I go to Wireless connection properties on Vista, there is tab itself for Sharing. On XP it was there and the setup was working fine since years.

Now as there is no sharing tab, how can I share my connection? I tried searching web regarding this but dint found anything. Is there anyone here who can provide me working solution? Any idea what is the problem with Vista?

RE: Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!

Most probable cause of such network related problems use to be Norton or any Symantec product, If you have any of Symantec software installed on your computer, just uninstall it because it is well known to create such network related problems in windows, especially in Vista. Once removed, see if your Sharing Tab is back. If yet not, then follow this registry settings but first backup your registry before making these changes:
    • Go to Start, type “regedit” without quotes and press Enter.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SharedAccess
    • Delete entry for DependOnService
    • Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\wscsvc
    • Delete entry for DependOnService
    • Close out regedit and reboot the system.

It should work properly now.

Hi Hadwin, most of the time, due to some reason, ICS service gets stopped. So first make sure if it is running. You can reach there by typing services.msc in start search filed and hit Enter. If it is stopped, go to its properties and start it.

This is what I got on few other websites while searching for your problem. Go to Device Manager, right click and uninstall the NIC Adapter on which the ICS is running. If there is any other NIC listed, disable them as well. Now restart the computer. Now wait for few minutes until Windows reinstall the network stack..

Re: Connection Properties Sharing Tab Disappeared in Vista!!!

Thank you very much for all your replies and advices friends. I finally managed to solve the issue anyway. What is did is I opened network connections, I saw a second icon indicating the shared connection. I simply renamed it to X-box connection. I right click this icon and click “Enable”. Once it was enabled, the router icon started identifying and after few seconds, it showed me that it is shared. Now when I right click the router icon, Sharing Tab was present there.