Thread: PPTP VPN connections fail if "Use default gateway on remote network" is set.

PPTP VPN connections fail if "Use default gateway on remote network" is set.

I have got 2 PPTP VPN connections that have the use default gateway enabled since there are different networks on the other side. After establishing the same connection they will normally connect and then disconnect after about 30 seconds. At this specific time I am able to see that the default gateway is not been set on the interface and is still showing. 0.0.0.0. I am trying to connect many times but it will still fail. After that I untick the "use default gateway on remote network" and then everything will work fine. I am also able to add a network route manually without any issues. I didnt try to add a default route to the network to check if something fails? So, does anyone else is seeing similar things?

Re: PPTP VPN connections fail if "Use default gateway on remote network" is set.

Have you tried to disable the IPv6? Also, you can try to post back the result of the ipconfig/ all that might help.

After disabling the IPv6 from the connections Networking tab it seems to have solved the issue. I have already disabled the IPv6 via the registry somewhere already but I am still seeing the 0.0.0.0 as the default gateway for the interface if I run the ipconfig, although the routing table looks fine if I do route print. Anyways, still got it working, so thanks for that.