Thread: "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

"The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

Am facing very strange problem with my Vista Ultimate laptop. Everything was working fine until last week. I was out for this week hence dint used this laptop but today when I turned it on, I found a Rex X mark on the network icon and when I mouse over it says, "Connection status: Unknown The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

First I don’t know how it happened suddenly though the laptop is unused for a week and second I have never seen such error before. Anyways, when I open Network and Sharing Center, rather than image of the pc and the globe, I see a error there also saying "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

I don’t have any idea about these errors hence I dint tried any troubleshooting yet. Can anyone from here tell me what is wrong with my laptop and how can I fix it? Thank you very much.

Re: "The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

Well it is very difficult to find the cause of the error with just your provided description. Can you just check your Even Viewer and post here with the errors shown in the log?

Re: "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Thank you for your reply friend. Here are the most recent errors I can see in the Event Viewer:
    • Event ID 15016 HTTP Service Authentication
    • Event ID 3095 - NETLOGON (This computer is configured as a member of a workgroup, not as a member of a domain)

What now?