Thread: Remote Desktop Connection Protocol Error

Remote Desktop Connection Protocol Error

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate at my place over a standard VPN to work in network by using the default settings and it is connecting via RDC to Vista bussiness. For sometime everything was working fine but after that the connection keeps failing with error message that says "Because of a protocol error, this session will be disconnected. Please try connecting to the remote computer again". When I am trying to reconnect in 5 minutes or so then it seems to connect to the remote computer but again some error is displayed that says "This network connection does not exist". When I click the ok button then the connection closes. I dont know what this error is, so can anyone help?

Re: Remote Desktop Connection Protocol Error

The issue that you are facing can occur because the admin might have specified a maximum number of connection limit and that limit has been reached. This limit can be modified by going into MMC > Terminal Services Configuration > Connections and then double click a connection, that should be RDP-TC. After that select the Network Adapter tab and then below of this tab, you can change the Unlimited connections and Maximum connections. Hope this helps.

Re: Remote Desktop Connection Protocol Error

I think that there might be certain programs or network resources that might be preventing proper network communication from occuring or even hogging the bandwidth. You can try to restart the computer or server then. Incase you are not the admin then they may have to reset the RDP settings. This will definitely help you out.