Thread: Network and sharing center freezes, server execution failed

I had installed Vista on my system. It is a dual boot computer with XP on the other side. After installation I inserted the motherboard cd and updated all the drivers. But still after when all the setup was over, there is a small cross mark at the corner. This indicates that the system has some issue with the connectivity. I am not able to figure out the reason behind the issue I am facing. When I try to connect the same once again I got a error saying that Status Unknown: Server Execution. I am not able to figure out the reason behind the issue I am facing. Is there any idea how to get rid of the error.

You will need to click on the network icon in system try and click on Troubleshoot. It will scan the issue and will give you a error or detailed description of issue you are facing. It is necessary that you post the exact error which is needed or else it will be a waste of time in trying out something which is not applicable. If your network is freezing then you can try updating the drivers one more time. I look that you are using a outdated version of driver which is causing the failure. Try to uninstall the lan adapter and then restart your system. Try install it back again and I am sure it is going to work well.

Windows Vista Home Premium, same issues as described above. Can't get solution to work. Safe reboot with cmd prompt, followed corrected instructions as above, get error message: "System error 1378 has occurred. The specified account name is already a member of the group" Main issue is that I can no longer open the netowkr and sharing center, and I have a red X through the taskbar icon where it should show connectivity. Can't get in to troubleshoot the wireless network issue.

Re: Network and sharing center freezes, server execution failed

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I HATE this vista computer and I have you to thank for fixing this one ongoing problem. There are so many more and yet you made my day here. THANK YOU!

I'm having the same issue and I've tried just about all remedies to no avail. I'm like mitchross71, tried all of these but nothing is working. Can't get the repair and diagnostic to launch either. I know my wireless LAN is working because my wife's laptop is connecting fine with none of these issues so it is either a problem with my WLAN card or a software or config issue. Tried the net localgroup command and it successfully executed but I still get the same problem. HELP!! Does reloading Vista fix this? That's about the level I'm at now short of throwing the laptop out the window!

Quote Originally Posted by pnsballard View Post
    I'm having the same issue and I've tried just about all remedies to no avail. I'm like mitchross71, tried all of these but nothing is working. Can't get the repair and diagnostic to launch either. I know my wireless LAN is working because my wife's laptop is connecting fine with none of these issues so it is either a problem with my WLAN card or a software or config issue. Tried the net localgroup command and it successfully executed but I still get the same problem. HELP!! Does reloading Vista fix this? That's about the level I'm at now short of throwing the laptop out the window!
    Can you tell us what type of router are you using? Does this happen on any wireless connection or only this specific one? Have you tried to go to Network Connections and try a "repair" on the wireless connection. When you boot up from a sleep/suspend, half the time it doesnt pick up networks and you need to do a full restart to get any wireless functionality. If that's your problem, there's a hotfix for it, search for it on the microsoft site.

using a linksys WRT54GSv7 Broadband wireless router with Speedboost. This is only happening on my laptop (Dell XPS M1330). Wife's laptop is fine. I'm dead in the water for wireless right now no matter what I do. The connection icon in systray says wireless nets are avail but when I launch the "connect to a network" it "can't find" any.

Well I am of the opinion that you will have to make use of the Windows Safe Mode with Networking and see if that can really come as a remedy in your case. In addition to this looking at the older post of yours if the WLAN card of yours is dead then there is hardly anything that we can do here. Also if nothing helps then for sure you can try to go with the installing Windows Vista again and see if that can help. If you are about to throw the laptop then it will be better if you can try all the things that you can. Let me know about the same in your next post.