Thread: connected with limited access error message

connected with limited access error message

I have bought another new laptop that came with Vista preinstalled and I am only able to get partially connected to the home network that I am using. It will normally identify the network name and will show that its connected with limited access. Can anyone tell me what is the problem I am having becuase the other machines that I am using is working properly. Thanks.

Re: connected with limited access error message

It might be that the wireless connection might be dropping. So, the solution for it is to use the maximum performance setting. The wireless network adapter is usually configured to use Medium Power Save Mode by default at the time when it is using battery power, which is normally the 802.11 power save mode. Hence, you will need to configure the wireless network adapter to use the Maximum Performance setting on your laptop.

Even I was having similar kind of problem in my new laptop, but after changing the router settings from using WEP128 to WPA-PSK, the issue got resolved for me. It seems that there is some kind of problem with WEP128 and Windows Vista with some routers and there is no real solution for same. Hope this will help anyone who is facing similar problems.