Thread: Cannot see Windows XP Computers

Cannot see Windows XP Computers

I have got 3 computers and 2 laptops on a home network. I bought Vista machine and now am unable to see the XP machines at all. On one machine I have upgraded to Vista and I am able to see the other Vista machine as well? But I dont know why I am not able to see the XP machine? I have turned on file sharing for all and also have the same Workgroup name. Can anyone please help? Thanks

I have got a same problem, how am I suppose to ping them? I am able to get the internet but none of the shared files that my old computer used to pick up. I am also not able to see xp pro pc from vista. I can get on the net and then i can see the vista pc from xp (but not access it). Can anyone please help us out? Thanks

It might be possible that the Network Map in Windows Vista does not display computers that are running Windows XP. This problem occurs if the Link-Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder component is not installed on the Windows XP-based computer. Network Map in Windows Vista makes network diagrams of the connections between network devices that can be used to troubleshoot connectivity problems. More information here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120