Thread: Different between XP and Vista ARP table

Different between XP and Vista ARP table

I had noticed difference between ARP table in Windows XP and in Windows Vista. I am not sure that anyone has yet found that or not. I thought it would be one and the same which is used widely in various OS. First of all it is a bit complicated to add a new entry. When I try to ping I am getting a timeout error. I tried to find out the new entry if already exist but it does not give any information on that. In return I am getting a error that ARP entry addition failed. Second thing it is not easy to get rid of that invalid ARP entry. Is this some kind of bug.

I agree with that. There is some issue with removing arp entries. In Windows XP the problem is not major. You can use arp-d to wipe out the cache but in Vista I am getting the failed error. It some error number 87 deletion failed. This is a bit annoying and I am not able to work on the same. I had tried to work with removing some arp entires in Vista but yet getting the same kind of issue. I hope there will be some solution that can really help. Try to run the cmd as administrator and then check back. I am sure the problem is due to low privileges. I had never tested that but will put more updates on the same.