Thread: Mapped Drive problem -Attempt to Compromise Security?

Mapped Drive problem -Attempt to Compromise Security?

I have got some problem with the mapped drive and I am trying to change the setting but I am getting "Microsoft network server: Amount of idle time required before suspending a session". I do not know if the amount of time is random or not? The max that can be set is upto 99999. Can anyone please help?

RE: Mapped Drive problem -Attempt to Compromise Security?

Has anyone figured a solution for this problem because this was also happenign to me when I upgraded to Windows Vista. I usually map to the Windows Server 64 bit edition which is another domain. I am able to map drives without any problem but if I try to run the setup.exe program then I am getting security error. I can only copy the files locally and then I am able to run them.

RE: Mapped Drive problem -Attempt to Compromise Security?

Finally, I ended up with the sole solution that was not using any mapped drives and it worked for me.

Re: Mapped Drive problem -Attempt to Compromise Security?

There is a link below which has more information on what you are looking for. The link describe about the security that requires a specific amount of idle time so that it can pass the smb session before it is updated due to inactivity. So here you can get a bit solution through which you reduce that wait time. It looks the host system is taking too long time to get connected with the network place. It can be due to different delayed condition. So just checkout the link and see if you can find some different steps to resolve the problem you are facing.

Microsoft network server: Amount of idle time required before suspending session

Re: Mapped Drive problem -Attempt to Compromise Security?

It is better if you try to restore the default file sharing settings of your Windows Server. By default the wait suspend time is set to 15minutes. Once the folder is shared and some clicks to access it, the connection will be terminated if there is no activity. In your cause you might have done some manually changes in the idle session which is giving the issue. You have to increase the same to get rid of this problem. Or else you will keep on getting the problem. the settings allow you to set time between 0 to 999999. So just keep that on maximum and test back.