Thread: Windows Vista network keeps on identifying connection on Cisco VPN

Windows Vista network keeps on identifying connection on Cisco VPN

I am having a Windows Vista RTM system. I am using a Cisco VPN connection on my network. The adapter is connected to the system and it is active. When I try to go in network and sharing center I am getting a message identifying network. But this does not goes. The connection is not at all established. Vista just keeps on identifying the network and after a few minutes the connection is just lost. I do not understand where the problem lies. Is it with the adapter or with the Vista system. I need some help here to configure a working vpn connectivity on my system. I hope there will be some way to make this thing work.

Before configuring the setup did you verified that the vpn software or vpn adapter that you are using is compatible with Windows Vista. Many people ignore this and this kind of issue is faced. You can find the version of cisco software on web. Later on you can try to find in the specification that it really works fine or not. It may be compatible but sometime due to older edition Vista does not support it at all. You have to verify the compatibility first and then check back whether it is a working device or not. Or else it will be a kind of problem for you to configure this with that error.

My edition of Cisco VPN on Windows Vista is 4.8.02.0010. I am getting exactly the same error. I had gone through a number of post in web that says that it is a compatibility problem. But how to find which version really works. I am having a 64bit Windows Vista system. So there is more issue here. There can be problem with the driver incompatibility. I am trying to test some different version but for that I have to format my system and install Windows from scratch. Then only it is going to work well. Hope before that someone can post a good working solution.

What I know that if you are using 4.8.01.0590 version of Cisco VPN Client then you are wasting your time. It is not going to work on Windows Vista. It is not at all compatible. I am also struggling here to find a version of Cisco VPN that really works. I am using Windows Vista RTM 32bit. I am trying to connect but somehow the connection failed. Then I performed Windows Update and the connection was established. I do not know how it really works but it looks Windows Update has some kind of fix for this issue. Verify the version and then check once again. You might be able to the right version which will really work.

In your system you guys are having problem with connection. But in my system I am facing issue with the adapter. I cannot enable it. It just remains disconnected everytime. The same adapter was working well on Windows XP but after upgrade this new problem appear. If I was aware before that upgrade would cause this kind of failure then I would never had made this changes. I formatted the system and loaded windows back from scratch. The vpn is showing up the connectivity in the desktop device manager but it is disabled. I will check windows update. Hope to get some fixes in that.

There are tons of issue while working on VPN in Vista. In my system I am using 4.8.02.0010 and there is no problem at all in using that. It works very well. But after a few days the connection stopped working on its own. I was doing some changes in the settings. Now the connectivity is stuck on the same identifying the network. I am not able to figure out where the problem lies. I had tried to work from scratch but yet not got any success in it. I hope there will be some easy available to restore the old settings that will really work.

First to get the right version of vpn client you will need to register on Ciscos website. Start with the entire process once again and then try again. I am sure that you will get some working help on the same. Go the site, download the client software from there and then another important thing is to check for client updates. Many of them has updates which we forget to add and due to that this kind of problems appear commonly. I am sure there will be a way that really works and offer you maximum support. I think the 5.0.00.0090 is one which is going to work with Vista. Just check that.

You can start by checking first the adapter is installed or not. Second install the client in admin account. I think due to limited access or low privileges this kind of problem appear and you do not get a working solution for the same. Go in Device Manager and once try to run driver update. I am sure that will help you in many ways. I found a link that follow the option to deal with connectivity. There are number of ways to troubleshoot the connection. you must check the link below and perform some steps mention in it.

Troubleshooting Vista VPN problems