Thread: Tools to control multiple pc on network via Remote Control on Vista

Tools to control multiple pc on network via Remote Control on Vista

There are around 20 pc on the network. I am having a Vista laptop. All of them are on the same network and share a common network storage. Now there is a weird issue. The existing remote desktop control on my system is not working. I cannot find settings to configure the same and allow it to control other systems. So I am looking for some a reasonable software which can allow me to control all the pc on lan. I do not want any web based remote desktop tool like Team Viewer. I want to use it on lan only.

Re: Tools to control multiple pc on network via Remote Control on Vista

What happen to your existing remote desktop settings. You must check that first. Because that is the most easiest one. You just have to type the IP address and then type the username/password. That's all you are connected to the system and you can simply control them as you want. There is no need to use third party tool here.

I was using the same before. But there is some issue now. I had disable all the desktop settings on all system. Ample of systems on my network are having Vista only. I keep them on basic theme so that it must work faster on the network. The problem lies with DHCP here. The systems are on automatic ip. So each them I have to go the pc and locate the IP address and then type that on my laptop. Sometime the issue also lies with the user account. It fails to except many accounts which works fine on the user login page. I am really annoyed with the default feature. I am looking for some nice and easy to use tool that can simply help me to locate all the pc on the network and I can instantly connect to me. In the default remote connection the user is simply notified about the connection. I am looking for a silent tool that can tell me about the user activity here. Like I can simply view the desktop of any pc without showing them connectivity notification. Even Teamviewer shows the popup of connection. So that is not at all hidden. I had seen some tools on web but not able to understand how to actually use the same. As I said I need the one that can work on lan not through internet. And second there must be some kind of monitoring utility which can give us more information on what is going on the lan network. The tools that I had seen are paid. I am looking for some free tools.

There are ample of tools for that work. You can go for VNC which is a open source solution for this purpose. It really works fine. But you will need to find a document that can tell you how to use it. There must be a complete process available on the same or else you will be confused in using the same.

I know one advance tool which is not only simple to use but also effective. It is called as Radmin. It is paid but you can test it by downloading a 30day trial package. It is really helpful. I am using this in my office and I want to recommend this. If you go for free tools they will give you limited support also. Radmin here is more advance and better. It offer you two ways of communication. First you can connect through lan and second via internet. What I like in the tool is instant connectivity. It works on lan and due to which you get a high speed output. There is no need to really on the internet bandwidth here. It includes feature of other remote desktop tools like flie transfer, chat, etc. Along with good speed it also offer you ample of security options through which you can encrypt your connection. You can connect to each and every computer instantly without notifying others. And if you are looking for integrated web features then also it is helpful. Ample of time it happens that you need to access your important files through web also. You just use this tool to access your pc from web also. And one important benefit here is that you can simply manage more than one connection on the same. You can see multiple screen at the single time on your desktop. I think you must try the same. You will have to install the client tool on every system and configure the settings once.

The requirements that you had mentioned simply means you are not looking for a remote control tool you are looking for employee monitoring software. I am not really aware about any employee monitoring software that comes with integrated remote desktop connection.

Tools that work well with lan remote setup is LANVisor, TightVNC, RealVNC, etc. And one tool which is paid and effective is Desktop Central 8. Compare to regular desktop tools, Desktop Central is more effective. Here TightVNC and RealVNC are free options. You just need to install a vnc server and client setup on every pc. That's all. It comes with quiet few features only. While Desktop Central is bit advance. It allows you to connect through lan and through web also. You just have to add a desktop sharing agent on every pc which is very lightweight. While if we talk about employee monitoring then there are ample of better tools available on the web. You can simply get anyone which you like but first better go through the features. They are more like a activity monitor which is different compared to remote control. In remote control you just control the complete system and can make changes. While in activity monitoring you can just view what others are doing. Like their web surfing habits, application they are using, etc. I will recommend you to go with a regular lan remote connection. That will be more easier. While if you go with third party tools you might get confused with features.

Try RealVNC. It is a nice and easy to use tool. It works lightly on the system tray. You just need to run the server that's all. The agent automatically detects the active connection and allow you instant connectivity. There is also no need to worry about the ip address and other changes.