Thread: Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

I have a HP notebook running with Windows Vista and a HP Laptop running with Windows XP. Both these systems are connected through Ethernet cable with Linksys WRT54G router. These setup was working fine, without any problems since past one year but two days ago, don’t know what went wrong, I’m no more able to access shared files on any of these systems. Nether xp is able to access Vista, nor Vista able to access XP.

Few times, only few times I can see each of them under network but when I click on them, system gives me an error message saying “Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found.” Both are on same home network, same workgroup, and even IP address is same apart from the last section that is 101 and 103.

Any help please?

Re: Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

Which antivirus do you have on your systems? Whichever it is just make sure you have disabled their firewalls. No third party firewalls should be running on any of these systems because they create such issues. Also try diagnosing the issue with the help of logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each computer.

Hello, i have 2 pc's hard wired together and a laptop that i use wireless, we'll call them "old pc" and "new pc" and "laptop", "old pc" is XP, "new pc" is vista, "laptop" is vista. on the "old pc" i have 2 printers plugged in that i was able to access and use thru the "laptop" wireless. I set the system up over a year ago and everything was working great until a few days ago. when i try to access "old pc" thru the "laptop" i get the error message "0x80070035 the network path was not found"

This happens only when i try to access the "old pc" thru the "laptop", in order to print or just to get to files on the "old pc" .

I can only access the "new pc" thru "laptop", i can see both "old pc" "new pc" and "laptop" when i click on the network icon on the "laptop" but when i click "old pc" it gives me the error message. anyone has a suggestion on to resolve this problem?
    thanks

I also had this problem. I found it was caused by the Norton 360 firewall. When I went Norton and then into the settings, then My Network, then click on the network security map and make sure all other computers on the network have been given full trust. You will need to check this on all computers that are running Norton 360.