Thread: Internet only Connects in Safe Mode with Networking

Internet only Connects in Safe Mode with Networking

I bought a brand new Dell Studio XPS 435 system with Vista Home Premium pre loaded. It is just a week old. The first day I booted it at home, connected with my modem, I started getting connection problems. Internet works for few minutes and drops. During its working period, when I ping the connection, I get reply from 192.168.0.56. I get no more than about 20-30 successful pings at max, usually much less. Then suddenly it will Ping from 96.42.0.135, and then usually time out .

I called up Dell guy, don’t know what he did, Internet worked fine for the day. Next day when I started the PC, again the same problem. I called him again, he told me to reset factoring settings. I did the same but it dint worked. He said that the problem is with my internet connection or modem, not with Dell. So they are not concerned with the same.

Let me tell you that there is one more system connected with this modem and internet is working good on that pc, hence it cannot be the connection problem. I booted the computer in safe mode to find out what could be the problem. Surprisingly internet is working fine in Safe mode. Am still logged in in safe mode for posting this query. But why it wont work in normal mode?

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Internet only Connects in Safe Mode with Networking

Anyways, i found it myself. I disabled "Dell Advanced Networking Service." Everything now works perfectly , no thanks to Dell's NON Support!