Thread: Logon Failure: the user has not granted the requested logon type at this

Logon Failure: the user has not granted the requested logon type at this

I am having some problems while networking Windows XP desktop with Vista laptop. Whenever I try to network then the vista machine will not show up in the XP network places. Normally the XP machine shows up in the Vista network sharing but I get some error message if I double click it to access the files, that states "Logon Failure: the user has not granted the requested logon type at this computer." I am using the same workgroups on both the machines and I am trying to connect wirelessly to a router from vista but wired from the router to XP. Is there somebody who can help me out? Thanks.

Re: Logon Failure: the user has not granted the requested logon type at this

Follow the below method to solve the issue:

1. First of all check share permission on problematic XP machine
    2. Afetr that you need to run "net view \\computername" to check if the folder and printer you are going to access has been shared
    3. Try to troubleshoot shared printer, Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes, right click the printer -> Properties -> Sharing, check if it is shared
    4. After that on Security tab, check if the user you are using has proper permission to Print. If not, you have to grant Print permission to the specific user.

Re: Logon Failure: the user has not granted the requested logon type at this

Thank you very much for the solution. I have now solved this problem.