Thread: Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been disconnected

Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been disconnected

I am constantly getting a warning on my system. To get more detail on that I went in the event viewer. I had a XP system that I upgraded to Vista and things were working fine. There is a Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link which cause the failure and cause the issue. In Event Viewer the problem is listed under warning. But I am not able to understand that. There are some codes in it. It is a bit complicated to find solution for the same. Can anyone tell what is the issue with that. The problem started appearing instantly after upgrading the system to Vista. I am bit annoyed with the same. I tried system restore but that did not worked.

Re: Intel(R) 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection Link has been disconnected

This is a warning on the active connection. The connection is dropping and somehow the system is not able to access the requested data. But there is a solution to fix it. Most of the time the internet slows down and you face the warning on your screen. For that you will need to check out a number of things. You can begin with fixing the problem with updating the system driver. Just run a fresh driver update and then check back. You can find the drivers from the official site. If still the warning appear then change your ethernet cable. Add a new one and check back.