Thread: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your username

The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna

I have been using 2 gmail accounts it used to work fine when the very first time I had set it up. I am using the right port number that is given by gmail support and I am also using the proper username and password which is correctly entered already. If I start Windows Mail then the very first time, it will work fine but after it is opened for a time period, I will get an error message that says "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your username and password are correct." Even after putting the imformation correctly after when it gives me a box, I get the same error message that pops up continuously. Is there anyway I can get this thing to working properly. Thanks.

I think that you will need to enter your username with no spaces and no capital letters which is required by some email servers, or otherwise, they will also tell you to follow it with the part of your email address starting with @ or you should not use the same. In any case, if you click on cancel then do you still get any error messages, if so then could you please post it here. I would also like to know what type of antivirus software are you using. There have been problems recently with Mcafee and Norton antivirus with Windows Mail and therefore it was suggested to remove these 2 antivirus immediately.

There is no need to uninstall or remove Mcafee, instead you can go into its settings which is located under the internet and network section and then you have to simply disable the personal information that is blocking. Once it is done, then after that only Windows Mail will log you in without any issues. Mcafee is a world famous antivirus software and it doesnt require manual eradications.

Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your username

right click on the mail.. go to properties and select the server tab.. select log on using secure password authentication.. apply... THEN you do the same process once again but instead of choosing the preview log on... you go an selected back the log on using clear text authentication.. See what happens

Here is the cause and remedy - Guaranteed !

Unfortunately I did not find the cause and corrective action anywhere except blames on Microsoft & Google & their rivalry. Go to edit your Google Account profile and disable 2 Step Verification of Account or generate code for Outllook and use it as a password in outlook. That's it ! Outlook will work in both the cases.