Thread: gmail smtp problem

gmail smtp problem

Recently configured Windows mail and added most of my POP3 accounts and they are working fine. Yesterday I setup Gmail but don’t know why am not able to send any email using Windows Mail. I can receive the mails properly, just unable to send any.

It gives me the following error:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'arsunrise@gmail.com'. Subject 'Office 2003', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first s33sm6378352hub.32', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Request you guys to please give me some working solution for the same. Thank you.

Re: gmail smtp problem

There is some problem with the settings, actually with your outgoing mail server. Just check if you have set it to this:

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS2 or SSL:
    smtp.gmail.com
    Use Authentication: Yes
    Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
    Port for SSL: 465

For the complete Gmail POP3 settings, you can check this: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...n&answer=13287

Usually such problem occurs when your ports settings are wrong. Just go to your account settings, click properties, go to Advanced Tab and change Outgoing server port to 465.

Also select SSL, press OK and restart windows mail. It should work properly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dil-Ber View Post
    Usually such problem occurs when your ports settings are wrong. Just go to your account settings, click properties, go to Advanced Tab and change Outgoing server port to 465.

Also select SSL, press OK and restart windows mail. It should work properly now.
    Along with this, you also need to enable “My Server requires authentication” for outgoing under Server Tab. Once done, click the settings button and under Pop Up windows just click "Use the same settings as my incoming email" . Click Apply OK and done.