Thread: Having problems setting up POP with Windows Mail and Yahoo Mail

Having problems setting up POP with Windows Mail and Yahoo Mail

I am using yahoo mail plus and have enabled to use the POP through it by following the directions given on its site, but even after that I am not able to send or receive email and I am getting the below error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'again', Account: 'yahoo mail', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'yahoo mail', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

The settings that you are using seems fine to me so even I couldnt understand why it is not working for you. I have seen that there are sometimes where the SSL option is not compatible, so all you can do is, go on the Advanced tab of the account Properties and then uncheck SSL and tehn change the receiving port to 110 and the sending port to 587. You can even try the mail.yahoo.com or just pop.yahoo.com in the server names and see if that works.

I think that you have messed up somethings. You have just changed the port numbers I am afraid. I think that the incoming POP3 server should be Port 110 and the outgoing SMTP server should be Port 587. I can also see that the error message is still showing the SSL enabled, which you should have unchecked for both by going into Tools, Accounts ,Mail, Properties, Servers tab.