Thread: mail notification

mail notification

I have used MSN for a long time. Now as i bought a new laptop that came with Windows Vista pre-installed, I configured Windows Mail to get my all mails at one place. I have a small query regarding the same. Earlier when I was using MSN, I use to get a notification whenever any new mail arrives to my inbox, do we get any such notification in Windows Mail also?

Re: mail notification

Nope there is no such notification feature in Windows mail. You will only get new email Notification when Windows Mail is running on your system, no matter in the background or you minimized it. It will show you a small popup in the system tray neat the clock. If you exit it, you wont be getting notification for the new emails.

Yeah, he is correct. There is no such built-in feature in WM to pop up notification on new message arrival once it is WM is closed. But I have found a small utility that will you make Windows Mail run in the background (under System Tray) though you close it. And it will keep poping up notifications on every new email.

To know how you can add this feature to your Windows Mail, just download the WinMailTray Utility from here and follow the instruction. I found this because even I was looking for the same few months ago.

Hey thanks a lot buddy. That is what exactly I was looking for. It really helped me. Thank you and appreciated.