Thread: Command failed to excecute for attachments

Command failed to excecute for attachments

I have Windows Vista installed on my machine and I am getting an error message "command failed to execute" when I am trying to open attachment on an email which previously I had opened up without any problems. I dont know why is this problem happening all of a sudden? Does anyone have any clue how to open the attachment without any problems. Thanks

Can you tell us what kind of attachments you are trying to open and in which program do that open in? What about the attachment's file format? Did you also made sure that none of the antivirus software like norton or mcafee is blocking the attachment or not. Instead of opening the file from attachment, can you simply download the same to your desktop with the Save As option and then from the desktop try to open up the file. If it is a media file then probably it will open up in the Windows Media player and if it is a pdf file then make sure that you have installed adobe acrobat reader so that it will open up in that file format.

Actually, you have to configure Windows Mail to handle attachments and to do that go to Tools >> Options >> Security >> and uncheck "Do not allow attachments". Also, incase you have some antivirus installed in your system then it could be that the antivirus might not be compatible with Windows Mail and therefore you should make sure that the antivirus should not configure to scan emails.

If anyone has Internet Explorer 8 installed on their machine then the only best workaround would be to uninstall the same and to remove Internet Explorer 8, follow these steps:
    1. First of all click Start and then click Control Panel.
    2. Under Programs, Click Uninstall a Program.
    3. In the Task pane, click View installed updates.
    4. In the list of installed updates, double-click Windows Internet Explorer 8.
      Note: If Windows Internet Explorer 8 is not included in the list of installed updates, you can try the alternative steps for Windows Vista.
    5. In the Uninstall an update dialog box, click Yes.
      Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
    6. Follow the instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 8.
    7. After the program is removed, restart your computer.

More methods are described on this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700