Thread: Windows Mail can not be started

Windows Mail can not be started

I am on Windows Vista and I am getting an error which says that "Windows Mail can not be started. The application was unable to initialize the store directory. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full (0x8007005)". I have checked that the disk is not full and I also have a lot of memory left, so I dont know why am I not able to open the mail? Please help.

Have you installed either McAfee or Norton antivirus on your system and running it? Because there are some conflicts of Windows Mail with both of this antivirus, therefore the antivirus should be removed immediately from the computer. You should then choose from the various other antivirus software like Avast for an example which is freely distributed and can be used easily.

When nothing is working for you then you can either try to repair Windows Vista or you can also never use Windows Mail and start to use the Windows Live mail. By repairing Windows Vista, you will also replace the system files which might be corrupted and it will also not affect any data stored on your computer. By using Windows Live Mail you will have get options to import the Windows Mail account, settings, folders and emails. So try either of the case to solve your issue.