Thread: Windows Mail on Vista can't send or receive Mail

Windows Mail on Vista can't send or receive Mail

As my title says, am just unable to receive or send a single email with Windows Mail on newly installed Vista desktop. I am sure there is no problem with Internet connection. But when I try sending or receiving mails, I get this:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net (1)', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10057, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

As a workaround, I deleted all accounts and recreated them, restart system several times, but nothing helps. Any working solution for the same please?

Re: Windows Mail on Vista can't send or receive Mail

From where did you got the settings for incoming and outgoing servers? You must know that since AT&T and SBC team up together they have changed the server settings as well as Port numbers. So you need to configure windows mail with the new pop3 settings provided on their official page.

Re: Windows Mail on Vista can't send or receive Mail

Thanks for the reply buddy but I have few friends who are still able to use their old settings and their mails are working fine. Also I tried to find out the new settings on their site but dint found any.

What should I do now?

RE: Windows Mail on Vista can't send or receive Mail

Which antivirus are you using? Is it is Norton or McAfee then just uninstall and restart your system. Both of these security suites are named as non compatible with Windows mail because they have email scanning features that creates problem in sending and receiving mails though mails are safe.