Re: Group Policy Client Service Failed the logon - Access Denied

i had same message after symantec analyst caused a problem on my
    computer by deleting or changing part of the profile,

The way I fixed it was as user above stated by doing a system restore
    to the point before the problem began

--
    lebly

I too have had the same problem & I am unable to do a system restore, unable to do a great deal as I can log in as another user, but I can't install anything without adminstrators consent, but it just doesn't even allow me to put a password in.

Re: What is this error: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon."

I had this same problem and I just got off the phone with Dell and they helped me do just about what you all have said to do.
    BUT is there any way to get the "corrupted/failed logon" users old desktop back? Unfortunately I had a few files not back up on the desktop.
    Any ideas?

Big Bird Guest

I have the same problem but I only have one account on my computer and
    its my administrative account. This happened after I tryed to restore it
    now my password doesnt work and i keep getting the message *Group*
    *Policy* *Client* *Service* *Failed* *the* *logon *Access Denied I would
    really appretiated if someone could tell me how to fix it without having
    to send in my computer for repair and paying 200 something dollars.

--
    Big Bird

webster72n Guest

One could speculate, but you really need to provide more details as to what
    preceded your restore and how you performed your restore.
    If done right, you wouldn't have this message.

Harry.

No one addresses the issue of not being able to logon to Vista. How do I logon if my only user is not available, safe mode?

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denied

I am having the same problem, I can't get into my system at all. All I get is group policy client service failed logon. Access denied and I can't get pass this. I need help with this.

Flavius Guest

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie

Check all advices from this thread:'URGENT!!!! Logon failed, windows
    Vista!!! !!!! Group Policy Client service failed the logon Access is
    Denied'

Re: The Group Policy Client service failed the logon

My entire problem was a corrupted profile. I deleted the corrupted profile, and then was right as rain.

I found this thread on the first Google hit after getting the error myself, so I thought I'd post my story.

I was messing around with registry entries trying to stop a normal user getting infected with viruses - or rather, having malware start up when they log in. I removed the user's full access from their registry key hive with regedit, and then when try try to login they got the error "Group Policy Client service failed the logon". This on a laptop with Vista Home Premium, no domain controller or network login.

When the user logs out, their registry key is unloaded into NTUSER.DAT. So restoring this file to an earlier state, either with system restore or from a backup, fixes the problem. If the user is still logged on, an administrator can change the registry permissions so that they can reconnect with their logged-on session.

I have not pinned down exactly which registry key is responsible - however, the classes hive can be locked against write, as can the software key tree (which contains Run and RunOnce), without generating the error.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem with my system a few days back and I guess I can help you out in this case. Now if you really want to solve this problem then you have to just go to start and then select the run in that type regedit now you just have to go to the Go to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\. And now you have to find the profile that is causing you the problems and then rename the GUID to GUID1 and later on close the regedit. I am sure that doing the same will definitely help you out in this one.

Ok so I have windows 7 and the same problem. The thing I have only one account on my laptop, and it won't let me into it. So I can't access the actual computer. So, what on earth do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by alexrose View Post
    Ok so I have windows 7 and the same problem. The thing I have only one account on my laptop, and it won't let me into it. So I can't access the actual computer. So, what on earth do I do?
    Did you perform the system restore from the Windows Recovery Environment? If not, I would suggest you to perform a system restore from the Windows Recovery Environment. To do this, you need to have the Windows 7 Operating System DVD. Also, to use System Restore option, there must be a System Restore point at which the logon was successful.

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denied

On Win7, I went to Start - Computer - C Drive - Users - Click on "the Problem User Account" - right click for Properties. Select Retore Previous Versions tab. I selected a version about one week back and restored that version. Problem solved. I am only using local profiles on the computer.

I'm not sure what causes this problem, but I restored a previous version of my user profile, and that fixed the issue. I'm on Win7. Went to Computer, opened C drive, opened Users, clicked on Properties for the problem user account, and Restore Previous Version tab of user profile. Problem fixed.

In the future, you may want to consider creating additional accounts on your system to provide access if one of your user accounts is compromised.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast